It’s frequently a personal choice to sell a car. If it’s still in fine condition, some people desire to retain it for many years, while others decide to get rid of it after two years. Some people might sell it for money, while some want to get rid of their cars because it is demanding high maintenance. Since most people do not know that the market for old scrap cars for sale in India is huge, people might prefer selling their cars rather than scrapping them. The wiser choice would always be to scrap the car to a reputed scrap dealer rather than selling it and in this article, we will discuss why scrapping the car is a better choice.
When should you think about selling your car?
- When maintenance expenses are low: The best time to sell an automobile is after four to five years or after 100,000 miles, say experts. The majority of cars also have 5-year warranties, after which resale becomes challenging. a quick method to decide whether the time is right to sell.
- If you are getting high resale value: It’s crucial to remember that an automobile loses about 50% of its value after 4-5 years. Sell it before it loses additional money if you want to get a good resale price.
- When you are not using the car frequently: Selling the car at a profit can be a better decision than keeping it sitting around. You can also use it sparingly and let its value deteriorate.
When should you think about scrapping your car?
- You prefer public transport: You might discover that owning a car, with all the pain and price that entails, is more trouble than it’s worth if you live in a city or a suburb with excellent transport options. If your car is more than a few years old or a little beat up, car scrapping is a terrific choice.
- You are thinking about part-exchanging: You could be considering part-exchanging your current vehicle when you’re ready to purchase a new one. You might discover, though, that you really get a better rate if you have money in the bank.
- Your car has met with an accident: Your car may have suffered some damage if you were in an accident. Recycling your car is an excellent method to have some cash set aside for a new purchase if it appears that fixing it would cost more than it is worth. Instead of keeping an old car that has been damaged because of the accident, it is always better to get some cash by scrapping it to the scrap dealer.
- You are sure of the scrapping process: Many people are afraid to sell their cars to scrap dealers only because either they are unsure of the whole scrapping process or they think that the dealers might cheat them by using their car parts for illegal purposes. You must always sell your scrap car to the authorised car kabadi market in Ahmedabad as they have a hasslefree process and they are genuine enough to not use any of your car parts illegally.
- If your car’s running cost is too high: When the car gets old, it requires more maintenance than before and you have to spend extra money every year on its maintenance. The mileage of the car also gets hampered with time. So, it is always a good idea to scrap your car rather than reselling because no one will purchase your high-maintenance car and keeping it further will only increase maintenance cost